Thanks for reading my blog. I love to share ideas, SMARTboard files, reviews on resources and children's literature, worksheets and more so check back often- or even better- follow! You can also find me on facebook at Emilyskodalymusic :) Like my page and get blog updates, favorite pins, TPT product info and more!
10 fun facts about me:
1. I love living and teaching in Cincinnati- even though I grew up in Cleveland, and went to college in Columbus. I am making my way through Ohio!
2. I got my Bachelors of Music in Music Education and Masters of Music in Music Education with a Kodaly Emphasis both from Capital University in Columbus. I also spent Summer 2013 at the Kodaly Institute in Kecskemet, Hungary and hope to go back any time I can. It was amazing and I highly recommend the trip!
3. I am a member of OMEA (Ohio Music Educations Association) and NAfME (National Association for Music Education) as well as OAKE (the Organization of American Kodaly Educators) and the local Kodaly Chapter TRIKE. I also attend many Orff workshops each year and hope to get my Orff Certification Levels soon.
4. I am married to the best guy ever- Brad and we are so excited to start this new chapter of our lives. Hopefully I can get him to create some Clipart for TPT too! We are parents to the best boy every- Henry- who was born in November of 2015.
5. I am in my 8th year teaching Elementary Music and LOVE it! I teach 1-6 General Music as well as 5-6 chorus and glee club. I also direct a 5-6 grade musical every year. Next year, Kindergarten will be added to the mix! I am excited and nervous.
6. Not only do I love to direct kids in musicals, but I am in 2-3 local community theater productions a year as well. Shows this past year only included the Wizard of Oz, and I vocal directed Secret Garden and Sweeney Todd (at the highschool).
7. I also love to swim- my water-proof IPOD is the greatest invention ever! Other hobbies include Sewing, Scrapbooking and doing various other pinterest crafts. Speaking of pinterest- be sure to check out my boards! I have a lot of Music Ed boards! https://www.pinterest.com/emilyjencson/
8. I watch TV way too often. It is always at least on in the background while I am planning, working, facebooking, blogging, etc.
9. I refuse to move more than 10 minutes away from my school because I stink at getting up in the morning. Some days I wake up at 8 and get to school by 8:20- (I shower at night for this same reason). This is much less frequent now that I have a son, but I still make it happen some days.
10. I am very passionate about finding a cure for Breast Cancer (and all cancers in general). I lost my 1st voice teacher/ 8th and 9th grade choir director to Breast Cancer and know many amazing women who have won their fight and are still going strong. My Teacher, KB, was the one who inspired me to become a music teacher and I wish she was still here to compare ideas, classroom management techniques, choral literature, etc. I am still in contact with her parents though- they came to my Senior Recital in Undergrad and send a Christmas Card every year!
|The Wilson Staff this past October- I am the one front and center with the pink legs, shoes, shirt, jacket, and hair-bow :)|