School is out for the Summer! I had a great first year at Liberty Union and I am excited to get time for rest, family, and fun this summer. I know I will come back to LU feeling refreshed and ready to go next school year. I thought I would share my summer to-do list in a fun way. My Summer 5s! 5 lists of 5 things each that I hope to do/read/complete this summer.
Classroom Organization 5
1. Make new fabric shelves for my classroom- DONE!
2. Complete Year-Plans for next year
3. Add more of a Jungle Theme to my Classroom for next year (we are the Lions!)
4. Catalog my Classroom Library- I am using the BookOrganizer App and it is awesome!
5. Organize the REST Area Better (bean bag, pillows, etc) I made one pillow cover to match the above shelves and bought this awesome pillow. I am still looking for more fun things!
Professional Development Books
1. Teach Like Finland - Timothy D. Walker
2. Troublemakers - Carla Shalaby
3. The Teaching Text - Douglas J. Robertson
4. Compassionate Music Teaching - Karin S. Hendricks
5. Go See the Principal - Gerry Brooks
1. Update Back-2-School Stack Products- DONE!
2. Over in the Meadow Program Starter Pack
3. More Vocal Exploration Files- Sloths, Summer, Fireflies, and more!
4. More Hello My Name Is games (treble and bass clef matching!)
5. Carnival of the Animals Movement Bundle!
1. Columbus Zoo
2. Cosi Science Center
3. Music Classes for my kids (mommy and me!)
4. Watch an Outdoor Movie
5. Take a mini-vacation with my husband to NYC
Ice Cream 5
4. Make our own
5. Ice-Cream Truck
What are your goals for the summer? (Don't feel bad if they are just to rest and rejuvenate- I will be doing PLENTY of that!)