Thanks for reading my blog. I love to share ideas, SMARTboard files, reviews on resources and children's literature, worksheets and more so check back often- or even better- follow! You can also find me on facebook at Emilyskodalymusic :) Like my page and get blog updates, favorite pins, TPT product info and more!
10 fun facts about me:
1. While I loved living and teaching in Cincinnati for the first 9 years of my career, I am excited to move back to Columbus and become a Liberty Union Lion!
2. I got my Bachelors of Music in Music Education and Masters of Music in Music Education with a Kodaly Emphasis both from Capital University in Columbus. I also spent Summer 2013 at the Kodaly Institute in Kecskemet, Hungary and hope to go back any time I can. It was amazing and I highly recommend the trip!
3. I am a member of OMEA (Ohio Music Educations Association) and NAfME (National Association for Music Education) as well as OAKE (the Organization of American Kodaly Educators) and the local Kodaly Chapter TRIKE and the Columbus ORFF Chapter. I also attend many Orff workshops each year and recently obtained my ORFF Level 1!
4. I am married to the best guy ever- Brad and we are parents to the best boy ever- Henry- who was born in November of 2015, and Hazel- who is the best girl- born in March of 2018.
5. I am in my 10th year teaching Elementary Music and LOVE it! I teach K-5 General Music and help out with the high school musicals.
6. Not only do I love to direct kids in musicals, but I am in 2-3 local community theater productions a year as well. Shows this past year only included the Wizard of Oz, James and the Giant Peach and I vocal directed Secret Garden.
7. I also love to swim- my water-proof IPOD is the greatest invention ever! Other hobbies include Sewing, Scrapbooking and doing various other pinterest crafts. Speaking of pinterest- be sure to check out my boards! I have a lot of Music Ed boards! https://www.pinterest.com/emilyjencson/
8. I watch TV way too often. It is always at least on in the background while I am planning, working, facebooking, blogging, etc.
9. I refuse to move more than 10 minutes away from my school because I stink at getting up in the morning. Some days I wake up at 8 and get to school by 8:20- (I shower at night for this same reason). This is much less frequent now that I have kids, but I still make it happen some days.
10. I am very passionate about finding a cure for Breast Cancer (and all cancers in general). I lost my 1st voice teacher/ 8th and 9th grade choir director to Breast Cancer and know many amazing women who have won their fight and are still going strong. My Teacher, KB, was the one who inspired me to become a music teacher and I wish she was still here to compare ideas, classroom management techniques, choral literature, etc. I am still in contact with her parents though- they came to my Senior Recital in Undergrad and send a Christmas Card every year!
|The Wilson Staff this past October- I am the one front and center with the pink legs, shoes, shirt, jacket, and hair-bow :)|